LONDON: Hot Cold Readings! On Camera!
Time & Location
About The Event
This class is for actors who wish to improve their auditioning skills, directors who want to become more effective in auditions, and teachers who are interested in providing a proven auditioning process for their students.
This cold reading workshop will explore Michael Shurtleff's auditioning principles delineated in the book, Audition and will also include Jane Drake Brody’s expansion of those principles to include the latest findings in neuroscience. This approach is equally applicable to film, TV, and scene study. It is most appropriate for actors who have some training under their belts. Michael Shurtleff was Jane's mentor until his death in 2007.
Participants must have read Audition by Michael Shurtleff as well as the Brody/Shurtleff Breakdown which will be provided upon registration.
Sessions are as follows:
- Friday, Aug 10, 6 - 10pm: Lecture, Discussion
- Sun, Aug 12, 11 - 6pm: Hot Cold Readings
- Mon, Aug 13, 6 - 10pm: On-Camera
- Tues, Aug 14, 6 - 10pm: On Camera
The On-Camera section of the workshop will discuss genres, the specific adjustments needed for actors moving from stage to screen, and ‘Show Biz’ in the US. There will be a full day devoted to Theatrical Cold Readings, and two evenings of On Camera using American film and television scripts.
- Full Class: £225 ($315.00). Deposit due May 20, 2018
- Auditing fee is £100 for all sessions or £30 per session*
- Deposit: £100 due May 20, 2018. Afterwards, no refund unless we can fill your spot
This workshop is limited to12 participants (unlimited auditors). Each student will work on three scenes .
* If you are interested in auditing, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Full Class£225£2250£0
- Full Class - Deposit£100£1000£0